Double-Headed Handheld Metal Drilling Tool?

Opening Youtube today, I caught this commercial for an advertised £23.

Double-Headed Handheld Metal Driiling Tools Power Tool

Scrolling around eBay and other suspects by using the words as search terms, I see it can be bought for about a tenner, and possibly made of less than £3 worth of 'solid' chinese monkey metal.

Drill Type Sheet Metal Nibbler - Do These Things Really Work?

Hmmmm.... I have a manual Goscut tool of 70's vintage that I still use, this is the powered equivalent that might be me over to wallet reaching ...

Anyone here used one?

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

Not those brands, but I've had a Falcon nibbler for many years and it's been very useful for metal and plastic sheet - recently for cutting 0.5 and 0.8mm box profile corrugated coated steel roof and wall panels. If I did more sheet work I'd invest in a self-powered version but the drill-driven type works as well as it appears in those videos.

Reply to
nothanks

In message snipped-for-privacy@mid.individual.net>, Adrian Caspersz snipped-for-privacy@here.invalid writes

I have an air operated nibbler from Silverline. Rather hard to control unless you use a template or straight edge to follow. Might be easier with electric as the air line tends to get in the way. Not used on anything other than 1mm galvanised mild steel. You will create lots of annoying new moon bits of swarf.....

Reply to
Tim Lamb

Yes although they are not as easy to use as the video suggests, and the cutters need replacing regularly.

Reply to
newshound

Ah, replacement cutters ... I'll stick to my manual nibler and jigsaw, current needs are small.

Reply to
Adrian Caspersz

After 20+ years I've recently bought a second replacement "cutter" for my Falcon nibbler, and the old one is still going strong. They're quite cheap, and very easy to replace. These things are much faster, easier and nicer to use than a manual nibbler or jigsaw. They will run along a straight edge, will cut to a corner, and cut curves with ease. A very useful tool if you do any sheet metal or plastic work.

Reply to
nothanks