moth balls

Are they really effective at controlling rust on tools ?

Reply to
fred

What? Who said that? Can you still find mothballs?

I thought they had been banned in case children ate them as sweets.

I did not know Moths had balls... Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

I bet Alexa can ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

fred

Why else would they fly with their legs so far apart?

Similarly, I d> What? Who said that?

Reply to
Dan S. MacAbre

Dunno not tried. I bet there is a little chinaman somewhere making counterfeit ones. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

If you mean Camphor tablets then yes when included in a case that closes. The tablets evaporate and a thin microscopic film of "oil" forms on metal surfaces.

I don't believe Naptha has the same properties.

I don't think that moth balls now sold in the UK contain either Camphor or Naptha

Reply to
alan_m