door frame "wedges"

Frank is obviously intelligent enough to realise that price & cost are indeed two very different things, despite your interpretation of the dictionaary definition.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Thank heavens for that.

Not a franchise.

6p each compared to fitting a £200 door + labour? Do the maths for heaven sake.

Errm - no they don't. Price & cost are entirely different things. 'Cost' is the important thing here.

My thoughts must be perfect then. I don't drink coffe, only tea.

'Just' a handyman who runs an incredibly successful business, something you have perhaps dreamed of in the past? That could explain your jealousy?

Alas Tanner, I'm never 'not busy'. I don't have the time to bugger about making wedges in the workshop because I don't have any paid work.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

They are just a couple of wedges pointy side in, they are nothing new and you don't need to be shown what they are to work it out for yourself.

Its also easy to see that if your wedges are too thick to fit in the gap before they reach the other side that they will only support the very edge. So one size will never do all for most people.

Reply to
dennis

Price to the seller, cost to the buyer, same thing, it just depends on if you are supplying or consuming.

Reply to
dennis

Not at all Dennis. Price is simply what you have to pay for an item. Cost is the overall picture.

For example, take two methods of joining timbers in the frame for a deck;

The 'price' of 100 BZP M6 x 90mm Coach Screws is £2.91.

The 'price' of 100 Turbo Coach Screws M6 x 90mm is £3.88.

The 'cost' involved in using the 25% cheaper product is much higher because I would have to drill pilot holes and they take longer to drive in. The overall cost is lower because modern technology reduces the time & labour element.

'One coat' paints and flexible tap connectors are other examples. They sell for a higher price but cost less overall.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman