Door frame falling away from wall

Hi, for a while now there has been a progressively increasing gap between my front door frame/porch and the wall behind it. This gap visibly widens whenever the door is closed with any force. A friend temporarily fixed it with some large screws straight through the frame into the wall, but I am now looking for a more permanent solution. Any suggestions? The gap is 1cm at its widest.

Reply to
vikingsnowman

Hard to get better than screws

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Reply to
BT Newsgroup

Yes.

And if the OP could get some frame packers between the frame and screw, over the screw (They are U shaped) then the screws would be able to pull up tight.

But the foam will make a huge difference.

Reply to
Tim Watts