Door frame falling away from wall

Hi, for a while now there has been a progressively increasing gap between my front door frame/porch and the wall behind it. This gap visibly widens whenever the door is closed with any force. A friend temporarily fixed it with some large screws straight through the frame into the wall, but I am now looking for a more permanent solution. Any suggestions? The gap is 1cm at its widest.
--
vikingsnowman

On Sunday, September 9, 2012 12:31:09 PM UTC+1, vikingsnowman wrote:

Hard to get better than screws
NT
Expanding foam?

BT Newsgroup wrote:

Yes.
And if the OP could get some frame packers between the frame and screw, over the screw (They are U shaped) then the screws would be able to pull up tight.
But the foam will make a huge difference.
--
Tim Watts