Door bottoms

Hi all,
At the bottom of exterior doors there's usually a piece of wood profiled so as to direct the rain away from the door frame (normally has a groove underneath so the drips can't find their way back inside under the door. What's the name for this bit of wood, please? TIA.

It's got several names. Rain deflector, weather bar, drip bar are common. https://tinyurl.com/y7wtjeas and take your pick.
--

Chris

On Tue, 07 Aug 2018 22:04:20 +0000, Al wrote:

Weather strip I believe.
--
TOJ.

On 07/08/2018 23:04, Al wrote:

Usually called a weatherboard. See https://www.diydoctor.org.uk/projects/weatherboard.htm
--
Cheers,
Roger
On Tuesday, 7 August 2018 23:04:21 UTC+1, Al wrote:

drip strip, weather strip.

I always thought it was a weather bar.
Never properly sealed if fitted by a 'pro' which is why it always rots away first.
Seal all cut surfaces of the weather bar/strip and the bottom of the door and then attach to the door and decorate as usual.
A bead of silicon along the top joint helps too.

Weather strip. Not convinced they do very much, though. As wind can blow rain under them. Better to fit a decent modern threshold.
--
*No I haven't stolen it , I'm just a shit driver*