Doing something about depression in flat garage roof.

On Thu, 12 Mar 2015 12:55:07 +0000, The Other Mike

A builder I knew was a great fan of them, although his were a simpler design using conventional bitumen/ felt as the substrate. As he remarked, putting insulation and gravel on top protected the felt from its greatest enemy - sunlight - and also removed the worse temperature excursions. He had installed dozens, some of which were 30 years old when I knew him and some even had Chamomile grown on top. He wasn't aware of any having failed.

Flowerpots and thirsty plants?

Jeremy Nicoll - news posts wrote:

That's a good idea. I'd probably do that if it was mine. I'll suggest it.

If you try to move the structure, you may well cause a leak.
You can buy cans of bitumous gloop intended to make roof repairs, you could progressively add layers of this stuff to build up the top surface.
harryagain wrote:

Dad actually has some of this, and is looking for something to do with it. Gravity should keep it flat, I think.
On Wednesday, March 11, 2015 at 10:58:49 AM UTC, Etaoin Shrdlu wrote:

bitumen has lots of uses! http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Bitumen
NT
On 11/03/2015 15:34, snipped-for-privacy@care2.com wrote:

Would it be easier to build up layers using roof felt and then covering with a few layers of Bitumen gloop to seal the layers.

And is on a par with silicone as the most difficult stuff to remove from where you didn't intend to put it!
--
The only intuitive user interface is the nipple.

On Wednesday, March 11, 2015 at 11:51:42 PM UTC, Tough Guy no. 1265 wrote:

heh. It gets everywhere. Easy to wipe off some things when wet, but you'll never get it off clothes.
NT

It took me an hour to pick frame sealant off my hand.
--
My sister-in-law sat on my glasses and broke them. It was my own fault. I should have taken them off.