Flat roof and questions about using an elastomeric product

I have a flat roof of a rolled product that is in reasonably good condition that is concealed from view, so after yearly repairs with tar, in cracked areas and places around skylights, I'd like to try a different product, like the white elastomeric compound to repair cracks and areas around flashing etc.

Also, I need to do something about areas that pool water. Most are small but one is an inch deep in the center and over 6 feet in diameter. Can I use the elastomeric compound to fill these pools? If so, will I have do the whole roof with it after I fill the holes or would feathering out the edges be good enough?

How can I fill those pooling areas without having to rebuild the entire roof? The roof is strong, It was home built by a previous owner/ builder who did not make the angle steep enough.

I'll wait until summer to do this project.

---------------------- Also, the energy savings is mentioned when using the reflective white elastomeric, over a black roof, but I presume that is about air conditioning, and I don't use or need air conditioning. I probably have about R-11 in the roof insulation, but wonder if my house will be colder in winter, with a white roof. In other words, I like using the passive solar heating of the sun in the winter, but I don't know how much of a difference, if any, a white roof would make.

Reply to
Dirk

desertfreight had written this in response to

:

desertfreight Our flat roof has a foam coat> I have a flat roof of a rolled product that is in reasonably good

Construction and Maintenance Forum Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - alt.home.repair - 328466 messages and counting! ##-----------------------------------------------##

Reply to
desertfreight