Dogs chewed through the Karcher 5.8 power lead

I want to replace the power lead on my Karcher 5.8 pressure washer.

Has anyone any experience of working on one of these.

I can remove the plastic casing and see the cable going into the outer pump housing , but I work out how to gain access to it.

Anyone got any ideas ??

My daughters dog ( cocker spaniel puppy) shared a 20min ride in the back of her estate car with the pressure washer. On arrival the power lead was chewed through and damaged in other places . The high pressure hose was also ruined. Expensive Trip.

Chris

Reply to
christopher

remove its teeth and give it DoggyDentures.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

In message , snipped-for-privacy@REMOVEbundy.co.uk writes

When I needed to repair my Karcher about 10 years ago I found that they had a very helpful spares department that would sell, at reasonable prices, all sorts of spares. I have no experience of your model, maybe easier just to replace the lead with another of similar size, but incase it has a moulded cable grip their spares dept' maybe the way to go. I found mine was easy enough to take apart with normal DIY tools, no silly anti tamper screws etc.

Reply to
Bill