DIY Sauna plans

Hello from Poland !

I'm looking for DIY Finnish-sauna plans. This is only diy group i've found at usenet. Have you got url with photos showing building process step-by-step, or better .pdf file? I'm planning to biuld standalone sauna on terrace smtg about 210x190cm (6,5 ft x 6 ft) Thx in advance.

Greetings - Gregory.

Reply to
RedRed

Just fit a shower into a small roomwith no windows doors or extraction and you have a turkish sauna, not the dry heat your after, for that replace shower with a whopping big radiator

Reply to
Oliver

Alternatively, fit a proper steam cabinet.

Two weeks time, I am having a new bathroom fitted. The design includes a steam cabinet.

It is basically a very very large shower cubical that has a shower head in the ceiling and mini jet nozzles all the way down the wall.

The unit has a control panel on the outside of the cabinet to set temperatures etc. It then has a water proof remote control that you can take into the shower to switch between the steam cabinet, conventional shower and "car wash" shower type modes.

Alternatively, some manufacturers do a combined steam cabinet,shower and sauna.

Although I did not order from this company, I found a very good web site that gave me some ideas:

graham

Hi Graham, Care to spill the beans on your source for the materials then please? I'm about 6 months away from installing a new shower unit so the thought of a steam cabinet sounds delicious at this stage! The URL you quoted looks good, the prices made me gulp somewhat. There must be a cheap source from the scandinavian countries that could supply the kit cheaper than UK prices - or is that just wishful thinking?

Mungo (a Scot with a reputation to uphold regarding finances... :-)

Reply to
mungoh

I'm using City Bathrooms in Coventry.

They have a very large showroom with numerous designs to choose from.

'm having the whole bathroom completely gutted. All existing tiles removed and plaster removed back to the brickwork. New ceiling, flooring and glass bowl type sinks. Total cost, including steam cabinet is £8,500.

The steam cabinet was about £1,400. on its own.

Graham

Reply to
graham