diy projects to do.

Buy Kindles. I have 65 books on mine at the moment.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Until the day Amazon decides you shouldn't have.

Reply to
Huge

Calibre sorts that out.

Reply to
Steve Firth

i have a blackberry playbook and we have kindles and other assorted ebook readers. they are a pale comparison to reading a real honest paper or hard back. pluss. some books are just not suitable for that size, for instance, take the oversized coffee table books or reference books. it just doesn't work on a tablet or ebook reader.

--

mhm x v i x i i i

Reply to
happy zombie jebus on the cros

a very good tool. the mrs reads at least 10 books a week and uses it to organize hers.

--

mhm x v i x i i i

Reply to
happy zombie jebus on the cros

no! not ikea. if i mention that to the mrs, we'll be off on a trip up to wembley before i can say no. she's a swede btw. she loves that shop.

or save yourself a few quid and make one from wood. varnish it if you want it to look perty.

--

mhm x v i x i i i

Reply to
happy zombie jebus on the cros

No, its hideous and was designed by a f****it. But it does work.

I've used it to move my Fictionwise and ipaq libraries onto a Kindle. It works,even if it does induce projectile vomiting.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I like software to be developed but almost every time I come to use Calibre it displays a popup saying a new version is available.

The interface is extremely obscure and clunky and on a netbook with a reduced screen area it's a PITA. But compared to 'big book co' having total control over my library it is an acceptable solution.

Reply to
The Other Mike

the mrs now wants a shelf in the kitchen to put all her cookbooks on (f***ed if i know why we have them, she never ever uses them and only uses the two swedish ones as she is swede). she also wants 3 shelves extended sideways by 18".