DIY of sorts: roadside animal euthanasia

Umm.. 10ish one evening, I realised there was some unusual activity on our by-pass. Apparently a vehicle travelling home to Luton had hit and broken the leg of a Muntjac. The police had been called but were not present so I went home to fetch a rifle. When I got back with the gun, a woman police Sergeant refused to let me shoot it. Strictly she was quite correct as a sub-sonic hollow point

0.22 does not meet the impact energy required for Deer shooting. However the thing was standing on 3 legs about 5m away and a head shot easy. About an hour later I heard a thump...
Reply to
Tim Lamb

And the ricohet goes where?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

There is no ricochet, the bullet stays in the head or goes thru the head into the ground or tarmac.

Reply to
Jake56

there is no ricochet

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You mean you can find a copper around our way at night with a gun???

Amazing!..

Reply to
tony sayer

welcome back...been busy?