DIY coming to a halt

Screwfix and Toolsatan are both open with zero stock of paint. I obtained some electrical sockets from Screwfix on Sunday.

Reply to
alan_m

Last night zero stock locally (in all branches within a 30 mile radius), no deliveries for paint (Claimed zero stock) and click and collect disabled on their web site for many items.

Reply to
alan_m

can't do that somebody may be wrong about something....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

That's OK I have trained her to do diy and work on the car ....why assume it is only men that like doing DIT...? i

===

Because in this house, cars etc are his work ;)

Reply to
Ophelia

shocking I have trained mine to change discs and pads and replace upstream o2 sensors....but she can't teach me sugarcraft.....

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

shocking I have trained mine to change discs and pads and replace upstream o2 sensors....but she can't teach me sugarcraft.....

==

Hmmm I wonder why not ... You are just spoiled!! :))

Reply to
Ophelia

totly

Reply to
Jim GM4DHJ ...

I'm surprised you can't get anything from ebay

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

I really don't think he can. It will be good when the schools go back and we can be rid of him.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

It's always worthwhile using a search engine to find what you want. I found some paint of exactly the right kind and colour from this lot:

It was delivered in 2 or 3 days.

As others have said ebay is worth a shot. Yesterday I ordered some paint, again of the right kind and colour, from an ebay trader. It's already on a lorry and should be here tomorrow.

Don't assume you can only get stuff from the big sheds.

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

Yep, some sellers with paint are on Ebay but at near twice the price as even B&Q would charge for the same.

My recent experience with Ebay is very long delivery times and that is assuming that people/companies advertising on Ebay are actually still open. I've tried to order items but when getting to the basket and payment the advisory is that the seller is on "holiday" with no indication when or if the items will be dispatched.

Reply to
alan_m

Depends on what you are buying and who from.

I ordered new power tool on Sunday, it arrived yesterday; the spare battery, from another source, came today.

Reply to
charles

Have you asked on nextdoor.com? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa 2)

Colour match is pretty much perfect. It appears the existing is silk and new is matt, so it shows as a less shiny patch when viewed from an angle. Anything that can be done to increase the shinyness? I'm thinking maybe PVA?

After renting, I never wish to see a wall painted magnolia ever again :-)

Theo

Reply to
Theo

It's because their website is hosted on a ZX81 and if too many people use it it wobbles the RAM pack too much.

Theo

Reply to
Theo

That's a bit niche. Their entire stock:

Ronseal Radiator Paint - Smooth Gloss 1Coat - Magnolia - 750ml Crown Solo One Coat Satin Paint - Wood & Metal - Purple Heart - 750ml Graham & Brown Matt Emulsion Interior Paint -Village Green - 2.5L Craig & Rose Interior Wood Paint - Acrylic Eggshell - Terracotta 750ml Craig & Rose Wood Furniture Paint Acrylic Eggshell - Etruscan Red Crown Breatheasy Wall & Ceiling 2.5L Taupe

Not bad if you want to paint some traffic lights, but otherwise...

I found loads of people selling half an opened tin, which actually would have been fine for my application but for the 'collection only'. And then there's people selling half litre tins for thirty five quid...

Theo

Reply to
Theo

B&Q re-opening another bunch of stores today, any near you?

Andy Burns

In message <r7p17m$e19$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me, at 10:02:44 on Wed, 22 Apr

2020, Michael Chare snipped-for-privacy@chareDO.Torg.uk> remarked:

Screwfix has never closed. They switched to Click-and-Collect-only early

Both of those closed before the widespread lockdown. I still don't know why.

I've heard reports that some builders merchants are reopening. And there's never been anything stopping one-man builders/handymen working on properties. There's an estate-sale bungalow near where I live, and one firm of renovators has been doing it up steadily for a couple of months now. They've filled a second skip already.

Reply to
Roland Perry