DIY burial ? (weird question)

What's wrong with 'The Great Escape' method of just filling your trouser legs up, held back with a pull to release cord, then just walking innocently around as the residue is scattered ?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

DIY burial at sea should be easy enough ... mate with a boat and a length of chain wrapped around body and over the side.

Reply to
rick

Perhaps someone will come up with composting funerals ... that would suit the tree-huggers

Reply to
rick

Cheaper still, donate the whole body for research or body parts. Free disposal and funeral free... you may even get paid for cadaver ;-)

Reply to
Bod

they have.. in the next village:

charles

Hope to be around for a while yet but when I came to Oz I checked this out

- they wouldn't take me because I lived in the UK for more than six months (CJD fears)

Tony Bryer

Crikey!

Reply to
Bod

31 acres @ 1100 quid/plot. Nice little money-spinner.
Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Did I hear someone say Lasagne ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

Should be stiched in a shroud, and traditionally the last stich was put through the nose the idea being that it was a lastcheck they were dead.

I was involved once in making a film where some bodies were buried at Sea. The very realistic props were attached by some fishing line which should have been strong enough to pull em back for recovery but thin enough to be easily edited out of shot. The thinness won and one Body started to drift away. Coast guard were previously informed of what were doing were so were unfazed by the radio call " 1 body recovered ,one drifting towards Gosport we'll pull it out later". God knows what various yachts around listening on the same channel thought.

Hmm, I wonder. Blimey it is. About 33 mins in.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

They should revise the policy since it been discovered that 99% of the beef we've been eating was Eastern European horse meat.

Reply to
alan_m

Soylent Green?

Reply to
alan_m

In message , snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk writes

Damn!! That was seriously a splutter of coffee moment :-)

It reminded me of a time, a couple of years ago, that we had hired some radios to a film company and one of the messages heard over the air was someone asking for more belts of .303 for the machine gun in Severn Sisters Rd London. as they were running short on ammo. Again I wondered what any scanner listeners, who weren't aware what the messages were about, thought of it?

Reply to
Bill

Are you saying this was filmed off Gosport?

Reply to
Bob Martin

Yes , And out towards the Nab Tower. Brazilian production company using this vessel.

Boats from local pleasure operator Blue Funnel standing by out of shot to act as instant life boat and provide catering ,medical area etc. as we were over our normal passenger numbers. All procedures agreed with the Marine and Coastguard Agency. One was a fast launch that brought juveniles out late and took them back early as there are working hours restrictions for children ,and it collected the dummy body on it's return. From DIY point of view the Brazilian team turned up with 110V equipment ,the vessel offers 230 AC or 220DC. Fortunately I had acquired lots of tool transformers over the years which suddenly came into their own. The Brazilians seem to be a bit relaxed about the Term Extra,when they asked I thought it would just be in shot to make up numbers, didn't expect to put be in a Uniform and take part in a main scene. None of those in the burial party are actors,we were all blokes who are normally wielding spanners and needle guns. The actress was lovely, spoke 5 languages but unheard of in the English speaking world but a top heart throb in S America .When not acting was building props with hammer and nails or wielding a paintbrush. No diva behaviour at all. Got a crush on a younger colleague and invited him to her ranch in Brazil ,silly bugger chickened out. It was a fun 10 days leave from normal work.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

But, simply, WHY? Brazil is a long way from Nab Tower and there is an awful lot of sea nearer than the Solent. :-)

Reply to
polygonum

Apparently they couldn't find a suitable oldish looking ship over there in working order. It's the last bit that is important,there are many old ships around the world but anything that is running is probably committed to doing it's everday work. There are very few which can be made available for filming at relatively short notice. Our project is run like the more well known preserved Railways with a volunteer crew and had a lot of slack time so it was a case of enough crew able to take leave,get away from the shed, missus etc and enjoy a pleasant few days doing something different. Revenue went back into the ships funds. Managed to a hit about the only continous 10 days sunshine that summer,between shots heck of a lot of bottles of water were being handed out.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Get hold of the Natural Death Handbook. Full of useful information on how to handle officialdom when you have a body to deal with.

I was talking to someone just recently about composting eco burials, and the idea of dropping long-lasting engraved markers in with the body - just as a hint to future police forces that it was a burial, not a concealed murder.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Ok, thanks. Interesting.

Reply to