My resting place

When i'm dead i'll be stuffed in here & buried in the ditch behind the shed !! Won't cost a cent !! Pic's below !

Jerry

Jerry Ohio Also

UUuuhhhhh..... Jerry, that is a beautiful job of turning. But you are a little bigger than the urn!

;o)

Reply to
RonB

Did you know you can bury somebody in your back yard or you can here in Tennessee. You have to call the health dept and get a license but you can do it. Don't even have to embalm it put it in a box and bury it.

Long as you DON'T CALL a funeral home. If you call a funeral home you can't do it. If body is in the ER, don't tell them to call a funeral home for nothing.. You back up the truck slide Bubba or Ol Momma Bubbet in the truck head for the house.. Break out the shine, stick a pig in the ground then dig a hole and done with it.

Reply to
Jack Valance

I just don't know how they're going to get his big ass in that small jar. ;-) The rules about disposing of human waste has gotten totally ridiculous. To the point that spreading ashes is illegal in lots of places. So, it's just done on the sly. I have never heard of a prosecution. I guess it makes the nannies feel better that there is a law against it, but we all know that it's done all the time. Not sure about the burial of an urn.

The laws for burial of an embalmed body may be different. A friend of mine is on his mom's property, buried in an urn, with a nice plaque. Then a relative is buried in Mississippi on his own property, and he was embalmed. I am sure the laws are all over the place on this. And I would also say that phrase "It's easier to get forgiveness than permission" comes into play. I know that for the removal of bodies when they want to build a highway or similar can get very complicated, especially if the burial site is very old. And I doubt that anything would ever be said unless some relative that got stiffed by the will dropped a dime on them. Might be a problem if the land is sold, but if mentioned in the disclosure .............. Not sure.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

The Funeral Industry has Much too much power. Our parish priest bought a very nicely made coffin from a Catholic Monastery in Ohio about a 1-1/2 years ago. It had dovetailed corners, lathe-turned handles and a simple lined interior. He bought it because he is of large frame himself and thought it would store his home-made brew in the interim. Yes, he is a little eccentric, but a neat guy. The brothers at the monastery built them because they were excellent craftsmen and were making some money in the process. Hardly a threat to the Funeral industry.

Guess what? They were sued by local funeral parlors for infringing on their monopoly. They lost.

Reply to
RonB

Might be a

now that is a good point on a land sell. I know if there are injins in the ground they don't build.

Reply to
Jack Valance

I'm not sure what I'd do, but I'd certainly not buy a box from the local funeral industry. Maybe just preserve the body and put it on the front lawn, or prop it up in a chair. That is just too much power, forcing people to give them their money.

Reply to
Ed Pawlowski

Costco has em,

Mr. Austerity

I'm not seeing any product reviews.

------- We're sorry, but we are temporarily unable to display product reviews. Please try again later. This item has not been reviewed. Be the first to write a review. The reviews should load in just a moment. --------

Reply to
Home Guy

better prices here

Even better here is a Pine Box