Dishwasher Recomendations.

Hi Guys. My Slimline Smeg dishwasher has giving up after only 2 1/2 years. Any recommendations for a new one??

Reply to
Baz

Which? recommend either Bosch or Miele as being the most reliable. I own a Siemens (virtually identical to Bosch) and have been very satisfied with it.

Kev

Reply to
Uno Hoo!

I have a fairly recent slimline Bosch Classixx; Which? best buy I think. Superb. I used to be prejudiced against expensive German white goods after a bad experience. I also have a Bosch Logixx washing machine. Both are significantly better than anything previous (4 or 5 dishwashers, 6 or 8 washing machines over 30+ years).

Reply to
Newshound

I have a Bosch and I am delighted with it. My last one was a Zanussi and I can't remember what it was before that. My Bosch is much better than the previous ones.

Ophelia

we've got a slimline bosh dishwasher, too. no problems so far. have had hotpoint, zanussi and the bosh felt like a much better build quality right out of the box. I'd buy another bosch, not too sure about the others.

Reply to
.

Bosch, Bosch, or Bosch.

We had a Bosch model (branded by someone else) which lasted for over

20 years and was still working when we dumped it.

Bought a new Bosch last year, it is excellent.

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

Bosch Logixx. Watch the lower end Boschs, they are made in Spain and are not upto the quality of the German made high end stuff.

HTH

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

slightly rascists, non ?

IMO, the QC programme will be the same at each factory, german, spanish and polish. the only real differences will be in labour and land costs and they all have a european wide warranty.

Reply to
.

We have a Bosch too, but I worry about the cost of spare parts; I've heard they are 'unreasonable'. The sort of things I'm thinking of are cutlery basket (OK, I know I can get a generic one but I shouldn't have to), wheels, and probably a detergent dispenser. Any experiences?

Reply to
Bob Eager

Ours lasted over 20 years. The only problem we had was the wheels on the main baskets, they wore out after about 15 years. Luckily, a friend (who recommended the Bosch to us 15 years previously) was replacing theirs, so we took their wheels before they dumped it (still working)

The Bosch dishwasher was our only appliance to be replaced because it didn't "look right", it was still working when we removed it.

Reply to
Nigel Molesworth

Ours is falling apart after 4 years...and we don't treat it roughly!

They don't make 'em like they used to...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Miele. I've had one for a few years and am delighted with it. They are very high quality units - solid feeling. Mine has a separate cutlery shelf which is a great idea. Also extremely quiet, and surprisingly quick on the regular program.

Reply to
Mark Scott

Well they are not, the quality is visibly lower to an engineer it is apparent as soon as you remove the rear cover.

Reply to
powerstation

Bosch spares. I've just bought a bit for my tumble dryer. Checked the prices for bits on the Logixx dishwasher I also have. Don't look too outlandish. Water valve (common failure on many appliances) 17 quid, drain pump 37 quid.

HTH

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

Not really. Matter of past performance. Maybe it will change, but it takes years of manufacturing high quality products consistently to diminish a poor image. Look at the Japs. 70's, total cheap rubbish. Now, expensive high end products.

Would you rather own a BMW or a SEAT?

It's possible, but not necessarily the case.

Tim

Reply to
Tim S

Go for the one that has an interior that you feel you can live with. Most things are made using global ideas "Design for Manufacture/ Assembly" using "Value Engineering / Analysis", "Lean Manufacturing" and "Six Sigma".

Reply to
john

Hmmm.. set of 4 wheels - nearly 12 quid. Cutlery basket, handle and cover - 30 quid!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Blimey! Well ours is only around 6 months old. How long did it take to wear out the wheels and basket??

Reply to
Ophelia

Yep. Got a miele dishwasher (and washing machine) and would recommend it - but if the OP is looking for a slimline model I suspect miele is out of the question - I don't think they do a slimline model.

Yep. Excellent. Not on the bottom couple of models though (well worth the extra IMHO)

Darren

Reply to
dmc

Four and a half years for the basket. Wheels are OK so far.

Oh, the filter is shedding bits of plastic. I reckon it's got another six months. Only I ever handle that, and I'm gentle (honest). You have to buy a set of filters in one go, and that's about 23 quid.

Reply to
Bob Eager