Dishwasher Recomendations.

Hi Guys. My Slimline Smeg dishwasher has giving up after only 2 1/2 years. Any recommendations for a new one??
--
Best Regards
Baz

Which? recommend either Bosch or Miele as being the most reliable. I own a Siemens (virtually identical to Bosch) and have been very satisfied with it.
Kev

I have a Bosch and I am delighted with it. My last one was a Zanussi and I can't remember what it was before that. My Bosch is much better than the previous ones.
Ophelia wrote:

we've got a slimline bosh dishwasher, too. no problems so far. have had hotpoint, zanussi and the bosh felt like a much better build quality right out of the box. I'd buy another bosch, not too sure about the others.
I have a fairly recent slimline Bosch Classixx; Which? best buy I think. Superb. I used to be prejudiced against expensive German white goods after a bad experience. I also have a Bosch Logixx washing machine. Both are significantly better than anything previous (4 or 5 dishwashers, 6 or 8 washing machines over 30+ years).

we also have a 6 month old slimline Classixx- Which? recommened model.
This was after a 3 week nightmare with a Hotpoint pile of crap. I had them take it back after 3 break downs in those 3 weeks, endless waiting for parts and finally it flooded the kitchen.
Tim..
On Tue, 3 Jan 2006 11:43:24 +0000 (UTC), Tim.. wrote:

I used to get Which? Then I started reading their reviews about things I knew about at the time (PCs, TVs, VCRs, Hi-Fi, cameras etc.)
Once I realised that they were talking total BS I extrapolated that the rest was too. I guess their reliability surveys are OK, but the content of the reviews is very poor.
--
Nigel M

Nigel Molesworth wrote:

The reliability surveys are probably skewed, by being self selecting to some extent, which readers are probably unrepresentative of all customers and any survey tends to get responses predominantly from people who like wingeing.
Which reports are just too utilitarian, consumer good are almost by definition not necessities, by discounting the motives that make people desire such things they fail to address anything of interest.
--
David Clark

$message_body_include ="PLES RING IF AN RNSR IS REQIRD"
On Mon, 2 Jan 2006 16:41:57 -0000, Baz wrote:

Bosch, Bosch, or Bosch.
We had a Bosch model (branded by someone else) which lasted for over 20 years and was still working when we dumped it.
Bought a new Bosch last year, it is excellent.
--
Nigel M

We have a Bosch too, but I worry about the cost of spare parts; I've heard they are 'unreasonable'. The sort of things I'm thinking of are cutlery basket (OK, I know I can get a generic one but I shouldn't have to), wheels, and probably a detergent dispenser. Any experiences?
On 2 Jan 2006 18:59:31 GMT, Bob Eager wrote:

Ours lasted over 20 years. The only problem we had was the wheels on the main baskets, they wore out after about 15 years. Luckily, a friend (who recommended the Bosch to us 15 years previously) was replacing theirs, so we took their wheels before they dumped it (still working)
The Bosch dishwasher was our only appliance to be replaced because it didn't "look right", it was still working when we removed it.
--
Nigel M

Ours is falling apart after 4 years...and we don't treat it roughly!
They don't make 'em like they used to...
On Mon, 02 Jan 2006 18:59:31 +0000, Bob Eager wrote:

http://www.bshappliancecare.com /
for Bosch spares. I've just bought a bit for my tumble dryer. Checked the prices for bits on the Logixx dishwasher I also have. Don't look too outlandish. Water valve (common failure on many appliances) 17 quid, drain pump 37 quid.
HTH
Tim

Hmmm.. set of 4 wheels - nearly 12 quid. Cutlery basket, handle and cover - 30 quid!

Blimey! Well ours is only around 6 months old. How long did it take to wear out the wheels and basket??

Four and a half years for the basket. Wheels are OK so far.
Oh, the filter is shedding bits of plastic. I reckon it's got another six months. Only I ever handle that, and I'm gentle (honest). You have to buy a set of filters in one go, and that's about 23 quid.

Thanks Bob. Actually I don't suppose I mind too much if it takes that long to wear those bits out:) I do think this machine is superior in every way to my old ones.

Well, it's our first dishwasher so I have nothing to go by. I'd be interested to know equivalent figures for others, though. We're generally quite pleased with it.

Bosch spares may be expensive (I don't know because I've never had to buy any!) - but if the machines don't break down then you wont need them! An unreliable machine with cheap spares will turn out more costly than a reliable machine with expensive spares. The spares are expensive because they are well made!
Kev

Not sure that applies to a cutlery basket that lasts little more than 4 years, and costs 30 quid!