discarding old paint tins

with tissues, there's a potential health issue.

Reply to
charles

We have shifted a bit from paper to plastic.

My point was that I believe paper and cardboard are re-pulped and I am suggesting that impurities can be removed at that stage, so why would tissues present a problem?

Reply to
Scott

Will it benefit their statistics?

Has anyone tried to argue that 'energy from waste' (formerly known as incineration) is a species of recycling?

Reply to
Scott

Oh. Here it does. 1/4 can of some random colour's no use, several cans all the same nice colour are more useful.

because it's no longer something they produced.

Really?

Reply to
tabbypurr

Another option is offer them to your local housing association. They want to keep costs down.

Reply to
tabbypurr

You would probably need a certificate of compliance, in triplicate.

Reply to
Scott

well of course it is, why would it not be?

just like sending off cuts of food to the pet food factory is NOT food waste

HTH

tim

Reply to
tim...

pedestrians are not allowed access to ours

Reply to
charles

Wouldn't the same apply to having all the rubbish in one sack - if it is going to be fully sorted afterwards?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News

It's not though is it?

general rubbish is contaminated by "smelly" things

Recycling is supposed not to (you do wash out your tins/bottles before putting them in don't you)

HTH

tim

Reply to
tim...

Yes, that's the point

they place collection of a "carriable" item behind a cars only barrier

and then expect you to pay them to pick up from you

It's not reasonable

Reply to
tim...

Put them in the bottom of the wheely bin. Once it's been tipped into the truck and crushed - tough!

Reply to
Cynic

we have a large communal bin

it's easy to hide it in the middle

unless bin monitor spots it

Reply to
tim...

And I bet lots of used face-masks are now going to end up in the paper recycling bin.

Reply to
Andrew

Don't these guys have long memories :-)

Reply to
Scott

or. just at the roadside - ssen that.

Reply to
charles

Somebody left a tissue on our common staircase. Obviously a biohazard. I disinfected the stair with bleach!

Reply to
Scott

Should've used a flamethrower. Could do with a new distraction in the news.

Reply to
Richard

Flog it on ebay? With the paint, maybe the current breed of protestors would appreciate all donations.

Reply to
Richard

Dump it there and walk swiftly away. You don't have a registration plate for the ANPR and you can freely walk around with your face covered these days, not forgetting that they cannot come within 2 metres (soon 1.5 or

1) to stop you. Win,win, win.
Reply to
Richard