Dimmer Switch help

Hi, i am looking for the equivalent touch plate dimmer to replace some old Home Automation dimmers. I would like a dimmer that is just a flat plate to look at and activated by touch. I have looked around on the net but to no avail, can you help?

Andy

Reply to
Andy & Kim

I know Homebase used to do them (white plastic casing with brushed steel effect gold coloured front. Standard ones were (IIRC) about a tenner, the ones with remote control were about 20. The RC on mine broke quite quickly!!! Not sure if still sold.

Reply to
justcalledfubar

Indeed - B&Q sell them also - all white plate with a 'hidden' LED (i.e. behind the plate) that illiuminates when 'off' (helps locate it in the dark I guess).

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton

On second thoughts I'm not sure if I've seen them recently and seem to recall that the only ones I keep seeing now have the touch element visible in the centre e.g.

sure if that's exactly what you're after though? They don't look as good IMO, not least due to the button itself but also that the smooth type were very low profile protuding only about 2mm at the edges.

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton