Digests???

Not sure whats going on here. I seem to get two types of digests, one of which works fine.

The other has an attachment, which is a Notepad file titled "Start a new life .... dump Windows".

This digest is full of odd charachters like =3D=3D=3D=3D and when I click on a topic it takes me to the Google page for the group and informs me that the "Topic Can't be Found".

I'm useing OE6 and IE6.

Am I doing something wrong?

Dave

Reply to
Magician

What's a digest then?

Yes, you're using OE and googlegroups. Try using Thunderbird and a proper ISP newsfeed.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Hi Owain Yes, you're using OE and googlegroups. Try using Thunderbird and a proper ISP newsfeed.

Ah! If I but knew what they were and where to get them :-)

Dave

Reply to
Magician

for the first one...

Your ISP newsfeed is at news.blueyonder.co.uk (you will need that when you setup a newsgroup in thunderbird (or any other software for that matter).

A step by step for OE can be found here:

process will be much the same for any newsreader.

(The reason you are getting the mystery attachment is actually a bug in OE. Whenever it sees a line with the "begin" message that would be part of the header that marks the start of an attachment it erroneously assumes that it is one when in reality ot is just a bit of text in a message. Some folks like to include tag lines in their posts that invoke this bug on OE)

Reply to
John Rumm

For a news server try news.blueyonder.co.uk To access it try

Rob Morley