Diaphragm for toilet syphon

The diaphragm in my toilet has split, but Plumb Centre dont have a replacement, and their complete syphon is too big to fit my fairly small cistern.

I have done a temporary repair by fitting a bit of plastic sheet on top of the existing split one, but where might I get either a complete syphon or a diaphragm to replace the old one? The syphon is marked 'Ideal Standard' and 'Jetflow', and the existing diaphragm is held in place by an upside-down conical plastic fitting that doesn't seem to be removeable.

Reply to
Homer2911

Round tub of vitalite margerine, the lids are the perfect material. Trim to fit.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I used 1200 gauge DPC material 7 years ago, still going fine, probably better material than the original. No need to replace the entire syphon. Cheers Ben.

Reply to
Ben Da Menda

Plumb Centre "do" have various sizes of siphons available in their feeder depot. I would suggest one of the two part (split from the top for maintenance without draining the cistern) at around six or seven quid would be a good idea as a replacement.

Reply to
John

material than the original. No need to replace the entire syphon. Cheers Ben Thank you Ben. After a failed search to purchase a replacement syphon diaphragm (rectangular) I took your advice and cut one from a roll of DPC. It was a simple job and it worked perfectly! Thank you internet and homeownershub.com too. Greg

Reply to
Greg Greenhalgh

WTF has homeownershub got to do with anything?

Reply to
philipuk

h*mo nerds hub is an unwelcome dysfunctional leech. Do yourself a favour and come here via a sane portal. Even google groups would do.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr