Dewalt Plane.

I can't seem to replace the disposable blades on my DeWalt dw677l. It has three bolts and two allan screws per blade. None of which "undo". They will turn something less than 360 degrees but the blades are still locked in.

a parts list of what is supposed to be my model but the blades in it are of the sharpenable variety.

Note too that the spanner required is =A32.90. The 8 mil spanner mine came with is narrower than the standard but a set of spanners would cost less than that even more so as there is less metal used :~(

Anyway. I suppose mine is stuck in with burnt resin from the years of abuse it has suffered at my hands. The blades are severely dull as they have never been changed. Anyone here have more of a clue than I?

Please, if you don't know what you are talking about, keep this thread clear of your fatuous remarks. No offense but guesswork doesn't cut it.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer

If it's anything like mine, the heads of the bolts on the blade carrier grip the drum, so you actually tighten them - clockwise - to release the carrier. The allan screws don't grip anything, but are simply a means of levelling the carrier and therefore blade.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Ahfyck. I have just messed up a perfectly set up plane.

The set out of this post reflects what Google are still experimenting with, not the writing style of the OP.

Reply to
Weatherlawyer