dewalt 18 volt drill driver 929k2 advice

I put almost 1000 7 inch coach screws in my roof, plus several thousand 50mm screws on the battons.

I have 2 batteries, I never had both flat, it recharged faster than I could run it down.

Brilliant Tool

Rick

Reply to
Rick

Matt, you must read.

Matt, you don't know anything about them at all, so your opinion is useless.

Did I say use them on drywall? I'm sure they can easily drive drywall screws though.

They are NOT 7000 drywalls screws. It ism like talking to child here.

Absolute nonsense. The Ryobi Impact Driver and drill/driver

You clearly don't.

Matt, now stop porkie telling.

You are porkie telling.

Nearly half a kg does make a differnece. IMpact Drivers are also very small with excelent balance, which at times is what matters rather than weight.

Matt? Now stop the porkies.

That confirms you know sweet FA about them. The Panasonic is switchable from Impact to drill driver. And here is what some one on this forum said about the Panasonic, and they are available a lot cheaper from the likes of Ryobi:

aleks lakovic Jan 17 2003, 7:52 am show options

for the last 9 months I've been using a Panasonic cordless impact driver to sink screws. its great no slippage no chewed up screw heads and you can sink the screw head just as far as you want. definitely recommended if you use a lot of screws. p.s. Panasonic make great tools 3 amp hour batteries last for ages and they are small and fairly light. aleks

------ aleks lakovic Jan 17 2003, 8:29 pm

no they are still pretty much the same. the panasonic has a 1/2" squre drive on it and will undo the wheelnuts on my van no probs. it also has a 1/4" snappy chuck to take regular hex bits. the great thing is that instead of trying to snap screws it gently coaxes them in. even soft brass ones. oh i think its called a multidriver. 15.6volts about £250. worth every penny

aleks

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

You have the wrong tool. An Impact Driver is what you need for that.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Screw Twister
wanted to twist not drive them.