DeWalt 18 V battery

I have a pretty useful DeWalt XRP hamnmer drill/driver The batteries are NiCad and now holding very little charge.

Charged them fully on a professional NiCad charger - no difference.

As the DeWalt charger is a dual NiCad / NiMh thinking that I might as well replace with NiMh packs ....

The DeWalt ones are £54 per battery .......... form dealer, or around £35 on eBay ... yet loads on generic NiMh eBay at ~£19 such as:

Anybody any experience of this make .... or care to point towards good generic batteries rather than DeWalt brand

Reply to
rick

There was a posting recently from someone who did a similar replacement on Makita NiCads. I've just received my sets of the same replacements from China, but havn't done the job yet.

newshound

Yesterday I collected a Floureon 18V NiMH battery for my Makita combi.

First impressions: It's reassuringly heavy (although what's inside it...); the NiCad 1.3Ah is

850g, a Bosch 18V, 2Ah LiOn is 350g and this one is 825g. It had plenty of oomph as delivered and took about 45 min. to show a full charge. Have no way of testing its capacity, but if it's reallistcally 2Ah it'll be OK.
Reply to
PeterC

Seen that make ..... and be interested to knopw if it is good one. (price is good)

Reply to
rick

When I need to drill some holes that'll give it worthwhile 'exercise' I'll post my impression of how it does - might be some time though.

The old NiCad 1.3Ah batteries did 50-off 8mm holes in the wall of my neighbour's house on about 1½ charges, but that sort of opportunity is rare, at least if one wants to avoid annoying too many neighbours!

Reply to
PeterC

replying to rick, Jason wrote: Take a look at frog they buy packs of tools and split them down, so tend to have good deals on batteries etc

Jason

That *is* interesting, I didn't realise you could get NiMH in the "old" Makita NiCad style battery. Bookmarked!

Reply to
newshound