Desiccant Silica Gel

With pores running right through it.

The effective surface being far greater than the external surface area of the granules.

Typically several hundred square metres per gram.

Well, it's a finite volume, certainly, but it's pretty high.

Reply to
Grunff

Depends on the grade. The stuff used for dessicants is pretty low-spec stuff. Although there are "pores" going deep, the high-surface-per-volume portion is just an outer skin.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

Mum?

Reply to
Rob Morley

From the replies and the research I have done it is not. Pity as I work in a shop where the Desiccant Silica Gel is in all the packaging and it is just thrown out. I will just have to buy the other stuff for my hanging baskets.

Tricia

Reply to
Tricia

No!

(I've never seen this man in all my life, m'lud. He's not my responsibility. I'm not paying any of his fines or charges or fees.)

Now go away and tidy your room you little *******!

AND STOP LICKING THOSE LITTLE BEADS!

Reply to
Mary Fisher