demolishing gable on bungalow

Hi all. The brickie and I finally removed the outer leaf of the gable end of my single storey house 7 metres by 2.5 metres.Single brick. The easy way. Stihl saw one side a 1 foot wide slot starting from the TOP cut about 4 feet at a time use water. Stihl saw the other end just 1 saw cut use the water system. Take down the wall from the TOP only a couple of bricks at a time. If you are in a Kamikazi mood undercut the bottom slightly-you get bigger bits off that way but it could be dangerous. Prop the cills with 2x4 inch or they will probably fall out breaking both your legs|. Use a scaffold for the top- dont work off a ladder. A 14lb hammer will easily get the bricks down. Wear gloves bricks when broken have edges like knives. Be very carefull- the brickie got bored and took down about 4 square feet in a single piece it snapped a heavy duty work top like a twig. Take plenty tea breaks its thirsty and nerve wracking work Now I only have to put in a load bearing stud partition and roof then we can take off the inner leaf and enjoy our extended bedroom and en-suite.

Reply to
tom patton

hehe...did you not video it all..lol ? Stuart

Shift THELEVER to reply.

Reply to
Stuart

Reply to