Dehumidifier for laundry drying.

On Fri, 13 Nov 2015 04:41:59 +0000, Bill Wright

Whoever pays for the heating?

Ok, that's yours though and I thought you were offering advice to the OP?

I believe it would if you are also trying to dry clothes, especially via a dehumidifier. But if *you* aren't trying to do that then I'm sure that would be fine. ;-)
Cheers, T i m

Because I don't think it will dry the clothes that much quicker, and it will be sucking out lots of nice warm air from the house and replacing it with cold often damp air from outside. It would also be another job, requiring another bunch of roundtuits.
Also the room contains open flued boiler, I'm not sure you are supposed to have an extractor in a room with one of those?
--
Chris French

On 12/11/2015 23:13, Chris French wrote:

It worked well for me.

water-logged
air from the house and replacing

As I said in my case that doesn't matter.

Oh well, if you're a lazybum!

Dunno. My utility room is just a utility room.
Bill
On 12/11/15 23:13, Chris French wrote:

No your not - at least not without a lot of effort proving the ventilation is sufficient.
My solid fuel stove basically says "no extractor fans in the same room"
On Friday, November 13, 2015 at 7:51:07 AM UTC, Tim Watts wrote:

We just bought a Meaco DD8L, The dessicant variety work down to one degree centigrade whereas the compressor ones only down to 10 degrees. (Allegedly) We bought it primarily for use on a boat over the winter period. We had a c ompressor type one previously which ran on a timer during daylight hours bu t that wouldn't do with the dessicant de-humidifiers as they need to run th e fan for a short period after being turned off at their control panel.
SWMBO tried it in the conservatory (which is really a glorified airing cupb oard) and thought it excellent at drying some clothes.
We ran it on the upstairs landing for a night and it pulled a few pints of water out of the air but after the first night the humidity had apparently dropped sufficiently as it extracted very little there after
One of three humidity levels cane be selected and once the required humidit y has been achieved it turns itself off but re-checks the humidity every 30 minutes coming back on if required.
It came with a length of hose which can be threaded neatly through the top of the tank. We use this on the boat allowing it to decant into the shower tray which has a built in bilge pump on a float switch.
If it is as successful as the last one, which lasted over 20 years, and kep t the boat snug, we will be well pleased.
SWMBO is now making noises about one for the house but of course wants the dearer one with the built in de-ioniser.
On 10/11/2015 14:31, Chris French wrote:

I bought a de-humidifier to use on my boat .... it has built in 7L tank, I also like the continuous drain feature via a hose, auto settings, adjustable humidity ..... - superb piece of kit. Also not noisy.
Because it has humidity settings I don't need a timer.
"Eco Air ECO DD122FW"
I bought it from: http://www.dehumidifiersuk.com/eco-air-dd122fw-simple-7-litre-low-temperature-desiccant-dehumidifier.html
They did a price match and I had a good deal - currently shows as on offer, and final price £4 less than I paid 3 years ago.
I had a load of 'wet' wood delivered yesterday, using the unit in garage to dry all the wood ... taken a couple of litres out over night
On Tuesday, November 10, 2015 at 2:30:36 PM UTC, Chris French wrote:

We have the Ebac 2650E Dehumidifier as do a few on this group. It has its f laws, the water tank cutoff switch is not reliable, so I have it on a 12 ho ur countdown timer to avoid overflows. And when the cutoff does work, the t ank is so full that it spills unless you tilt the unit rather than the tank as you remove it. But it collects plenty of water. It can also be plumbed in.
Simon.