Dandy paint roller cleaner

I fund these to be very messy. I clean my Paint Rollers and Brushes under running water then dry them using the RollaDryer

I always know where my painting tools are. Saves me lots of money.

Reply to
rolladryer

running water then dry them using the RollaDryer

I always know where my painting tools are. Saves me lots of money.

Just shove them in a washing machine on a cold short wash.

Reply to
alan

Oh surprise surprise, a gmail user ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com ) replying to a 3 year old message finds fault with a competing product, praises and spams his own products.

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com

Reply to
Andy Burns

Not a new idea. Let me just warn you, do not wear your best spectacles or clothing while doing it.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

In a washing machine? Noooooo.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Launderette - nice surprise for the next user. :)

Reply to
GB

Here is my three step roller cleaning technique;

1) Buy roller, frame & tray in Wilkinson's for £2. 2) Finish job, throw in bin. 3) Go home.
Reply to
The Medway Handyman

My feather edge clad barns are painted using 4" disposable rollers.

Keep the tray and frame for next time.

Reply to
Tim Lamb

On Sunday 21 April 2013 10:09 The Medway Handyman wrote in uk.d-i-y:

That's OK if the job is not fussy.

For ceiling work, I like a roller that has good holding capacity and minimal spatter. Likewise, I am very used to Harris brushes for edging - hardly lose a bristle and have the right "feel" for me.

My roller cleaning technique is to use a hose in the garden and run a jet over the roller. This spins it at high speed. Best to hold the roller just over an obstacle though!

I finish in the washing machine when 95% of the paint has been removed. I notice paint pigments sendiment when washed out of the binder and I do not facny all that gunking up the machine's plumbing...

Reply to
Tim Watts

What was the spammers email address? snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com or snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com ?

Ah, found it: snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com