cycles to hertz - when?

The same film apparently has a plug being wired with brown/blue/gren-and- yellow flex.

Reply to
Bob Eager

In what way? What do you need?

Reply to
Bob Eager

Maybe he means....

I work at Queen Mary college but I don't know much about her and never met her and anything I could find out might not all be true anyway.

Reply to
whisky-dave

I have met and dined with many of the direct descendants of Charles Darwin. Nice people, very interesting and frighteningly clever as well as practical.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Always if they travel by DAB :-).

PS How come the midnight news on R4 is still introduced by the Big Ben Bongs, together with its preamble. ?.

Are the BBC transmitting fake chimes while it is silenced ?.

Reply to
Andrew

I missed that! I should watch again, to see if there's anything else...

Reply to
S Viemeister

3*10^8 isn't all that 'rational' as it has a 3 in it. Why not redefine the foot so that c is 10^9 ft/s?
Reply to
Max Demian

a Routemaster?

Reply to
charles

Islamic just means Muslim, a follower of Mohammed. Islamists are the more fanatical kind.

Reply to
Max Demian

Because the foot is a "toy" folk unit as opposed to a serious scientific unit ;-)

Let's define pi=3 and e=3 while we're at it ;-)

Reply to
NY

Why did the fact of one of the University of Kent Colleges being named after Charles Darwin mean that you know the Darwin family quite well?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

I have met and dined with many of the direct descendants of my wife's great grandfather. Dreadful people, frightfully boring, staggeringly stupid, as well as being hopelessly lacking in any sort of practical ability whatsoever.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

+1 to both.
Reply to
Tim Streater

Nah, C is one foot per nanosecond.

Cheers

Reply to
Clive Arthur

Are they Labour or Limp Dem MPs ?.

Reply to
Andrew

I was told at college that Centigrade was ambiguous as it is also a unit of angle as used in France.

Reply to
swldxer1958

I had relatives like that. Makes you wonder how they survive.

Reply to
harry

You often see modern light switches in period films. Also roads with parallel ruts,ie no horse tracks in the middle.

Reply to
harry

Radio Moscow was still using metre bands and megacycles per second in the 1980's

Reply to
swldxer1958

Radio Moscow was still using metre bands and kilocycles per second in the 1980's

Reply to
swldxer1958