cutting holes in 3mm aluminum sheet

So get it sharpened.

Reply to
Rob Morley

Kept the old one for rough jobs and bought two more, small and large.

Reply to
Tony Williams

20 ton press and punch and die set.

Qmax cutters for the one offs

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Well, I used a hole saw + hand drill in the end. I clamped the alu sheet onto a good block of wood, punched it, drilled a very small pilot hole, drilled a long pilot hole into the wood using the drill bit that came with the saw, attached the saw, and it went through fairly easily. I used quite a slow drill speed. I think steel would have been more of a job. Thanks for all the responses. Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

The OP hasn't said how close to the edge of the sheet the hole is wanted, but is the Abrafile still in manufacture? I remember using this tool in a jigsaw (that's the hand-tool, not the misnomer power-tool) for cutting all sorts of oddly shaped holes in electronics chasses, both aluminium and mild steel.

Reply to
Brian {Hamilton Kelly}