Cutting floorboards - cheap reciprocating saw?

Turn the semi-circular blade so that the straight edge can be paralle with the vertical edge of the board and then the last little curved bit at each end of the cut can be cut straight down.

Reply to
PeterC

The semi circular ones are semi circular for that reason, you can cut up to an edge and stop with no overcut:

a circular saw. The ones I had seen were flat blades about 60mm

> But I must admit I have not tried one yet.

Yup, those work as well. They cut wider - but take slightly longer to plunge each cut - so the overall time is much the same.

Reply to
John Rumm

Well, I've bought the saw from Screwfix and it seems O.K. - certainly for a tad under £50.

1100W as opposed to the 750W equivalent in B&Q.

Now contemplating if I can get away with buying the multi-tool as well :-)

Reply to
David WE Roberts

Sorry, ground.

Reply to
Fred

I'm sure you will find it useful. When taking rubbish to the tip, I use mine for cutting rubbish into small enough pieces to fit the boot of my car. I only use it for cutting wooden things. Probably a hacksaw blade would last longer than a disc in an angle grinder but the sparks are more fun, so I use the angle grinder for metal instead!

1100W seems a lot. I don't know what my aldi one is rated. Is it the real power of the saw though or is it the work of the marketing department?
Reply to
Fred

I bought the Screwfix =A350 hobby last week and it seems to make short work= of what I used it for first=20 (cutting up some fallen bits of tree without risking life and limb with the= chain saw). Was a tad miffed=20 the other day though to find the Aldi one is on sale next week for half tha= t price....

Reply to
GMM

rk of what I used it for first=20

he chain saw). Was a tad miffed=20

I really must find a way to stop these autocorrects: 'Screwfix hobby' not h= obby.....

Reply to
GMM

I'll happily live with your autocorrect problems. But the additional lines in every post...! Thanks GG.

Reply to
polygonum

Looks alright here! I'd fix a problem if I could see it....

Reply to
GMM

Have a look here:

is what I see - even MY OWN SIG has an extra line added! it is frustrating - I know it is not your personal fault. :-)

Reply to
polygonum

Thanks for the info. Not quite sure how to deal with it, but will look for solutions. Cheers

Reply to
GMM