Insulate concrete floor

Many years ago I used a material which successfully insulated my concrete
floor but I've lost the name and address. Can anyone recommend a suitable
material
The material was applied like paint and brushed on.
Blair
Reply to
bm
No paint is ever going to provide any significant insulation. Polystyrene & PIR are the usual for concrete floors.
Likely a pathetic attempt at spam.
NT
Reply to
meow2222
Thanks for all who replied. I now realise that My original question was wrongly worded. The previous job was carried out on an old cottage which had no damp course and I applied a resin to seal the floor and then applied a self levelling material which did not insulate the floor but after lino was laid took away the cold feeling on the floor It was this self levelling material that I wanted to find Blair
>>> Many years ago I used a material which successfully insulated my >>> concrete floor but I've lost the name and address. Can anyone >>> recommend a suitable material >>> The material was applied like paint and brushed on. >> >> Then it didn't successfully insulate your floor. > > It could insulate it from water ingress ;-) > > > > -- > Cheers, > > John. > > /=================================================================\ > | Internode Ltd -
| > |-----------------------------------------------------------------| > | John Rumm - john(at)internode(dot)co(dot)uk | > \=================================================================/
Reply to
bm
F Ball Stopgap 300 is one of the best IME. Better that the stuff the sheds (B&Q etc) sell. You can google for F Ball - lots of infor and videos on their site.
I have used that over an epoxy damp proof membrane (painted on, possibly similar to what you have).
But with Sropgap 300, you *must* use a green neoprene primer first.
Reply to
Tim Watts
Agreed that is good. However if you want a cheap option, then wickes latex self levelling is ok. (make sure you get the latex one - they do two that look similar). Its not as self levelling as the FB, in that it needs troweling into the right place first.
> I have used that over an epoxy damp proof membrane (painted on, possibly > similar to what you have). > > But with Sropgap 300, you *must* use a green neoprene primer first.
Reply to
John Rumm

Site Timeline Threads