Cutting and drilling lead

No need to wrap it, I have used it since 1974 in the A/C industry and I am still alive.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

The stuff I used to handle was not wrapped in anything, unless it was destined to fly, then it was painted in 'international orange' paint

Dave

Reply to
Dave

High weight per unit volume. Think its aero balancing..reduces possibility of tail surface flutter.

Firstly not always why its used,. secondly centre of lift is always where C of G is of necessity. That is not the issue. The issue is that it is so with the aircraft in steady flight, rather than e.g. pointing

90 degrees down :-)

Its very easy to move the centre of lift: that's what the elevators are for.

The critical reason to move the C of G is to do with the differential movement of the centre of lift with the planes angle. If the center of lift moves forward as the pklane noses up, its deeply unstable,.

??

Sounds like someone who has worked around an arcraft factoy with no real understaninding of aerodynamics to me..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Now there's a thought - turn all my gold ingots into sash weights. No-one would think of looking *there* for them!

Reply to
Roger Mills