cutting a tyre up for disposal

Just take it to your local tyre fitter and pay them a quid or two disposal charge.

Reply to
Chris Bartram

I *thought* the wires are fairly high strength steel, which suggests angle grinder to me. Bolt cropper might be difficult to manoeuvre.

Reply to
newshound

Go to dump out of Hrs and leave it by their gate

Reply to
rick

Put it on a bonfire ... then pick up steel wires in the morning

Reply to
rick

On 16/11/2014 17:24, newshound wrote: ite

I was charged 2 quid by mine (though it was on a steel wheel)

Reply to
Mark Carver

They may well have CCTV by the gates.

Reply to
Bod

The neighbours would love that.

Reply to
Bod

Ring up the local council, and ask how to dispose of tyres. They'll almost certainly take a dim view of having one in a wheelie bin - even if cut into pieces.

Reply to
Roger Mills

The last half dozen I've paid £1.28 ea

Reply to
Andy Burns

As a kid the more tyres we could get on Nov 5th bonfire the better

Reply to
rick

My local council has amnesty days .... where you can take tyres in

Reply to
rick

My local council says this on their web site:

Tyres from bicycles, prams and wheelbarrows are accepted, but not motorbike or car tyres. Garages that fit new tyres to your car or motorbike will dispose of your old tyres for you.

- Mike

Reply to
Mike

Thankfully, my local tip doesn't have any of that rubbish - since I fit my own tyres...

Reply to
Adrian

Perhaps you'd like to show us how for a wiki page?

NT

Reply to
meow2222

How do you re-balance them?

Reply to
polygonum

IIRC static balancing is a lot simpler to do than dynamic.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Adrian

No it doesn't. I cut a couple up a few months ago and a thin cutting blade worked well.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

But even better was the sabre saw with metal cutting blade.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon