My garbage disposal backed up into the basement toilet!

Everything I put down the garbage disposal in the last 2 days came up in the basement toilet! Here's the story: I was doing a load of laundry and when the spin cycle came on, the nearby toilet overflowed with water and debris from the garbage disposal. The toilet is directly under the kitchen sink where the disposal is. Now the toilet does not flush, it only backs up. I tried plunging and that doesn't help. I am hoping its an easy fix for a plumber, maybe just a snake? Any ideas?

Reply to
Jamie