Cut-out dimensions for kitchen sink

For a kitchen sink that requires a worktop cut-out size of

980x480 (cr=20) what does "cr=20" mean here?
Reply to
Jeff Allen

Corner radius ? The cutout is not a full rectangle and a 20mm radius on the corners sounds about right. You would measure out the enclosing rectangle, though, and cut a smooth quarter turn from 20mm in, on both sides.

[I'm guessing, btw.]
Reply to
John Laird

Corner radius of 20mm?

Reply to
Roger Mills

Great minds think alike - see my other post!

I find that the easist way to mark out corner radii like this is to find a tin of the correct diameter (in this case, 40mm), place it in each corner in turn so that it is tangential to the sides of the rectangle, and draw round the appropriate quarter of it.

Reply to
Roger Mills

The message from "John Laird" contains these words:

I'd use a 40mm holesaw on the corners and join up with straight lines. Remembering to set the hole centres in by 20mm each way, of course.

Reply to
Guy King

It's the 'criticality' rating (known colloquially as the 'Curse Ratio')

- it's simply a measure of how important it is you get the cut right (first time). ;-)

Mathew

Reply to
Mathew Newton

Or for a posh version: