Mains pressure system and shower

We've recently had our HW and CH upgraded to a mains pressure system and been instructed by the plumber to keep an eye on the pressure guage and top up to 1 bar as required. Although the shower is a vast improvement on what we had it occured to me that if I upped the system pressure a tad the output might be even better ? However before I go and explode my tank etc I thought I'd better check with the gurus here. The boiler is a Bosch Greenstar 24i, HW tank is a Range Tribune and I was thinking of going to no more than 1.5 bar.

Is there any logic to my reasoning or is it just madness ??

Thanks Jim

Reply to
Jim

Nooooooo! The pressure gauge is on the Primary circuit. The mains pressure is on the secondary circuit. The primary is a closed loop - feeds the radiators and the water - to - water heat exchanger.

All that would happen is an increased risk of causing leaks ion your heating system and boiler.

Reply to
John

Bleedin hell, can't believe I didn't work that out for myself. It's obvious once someone explains it. For some reason I was thinking the boiler was like a combi and heating the actual water used rather than water that then heated the water in the HW cylinder (if that makes sense)

Thanks

Jim

Reply to
Jim