Curent electrical regulations

Well remembered! Scott

Reply to
Scott

When I swapped the fuse box for a CU at the house of a poster to this newsgroup we did discuss all RCBOs.

Basically the fuse box had 6 circuits.

ISTR

Oven Hob Shower Lights Sockets Kitchen sockets

I was able to split these circuits into the following circuits.

Oven Hob Shower Lights Sockets Kitchen sockets Alarm Central heating Garage (should have had 20A protection) Smokes (new circuit) Conservatory (should have had 20A protection) UFH in en suite (possibly could have gone on the socket circuit) Immersion (should have had it's own circuit) UFH in kitchen and mixer shower plus 1 double socket in kitchen (should have had a 20A supply) Plus something I forgot as we used 15 ways of a 16 way CU.

In the end we decided on a split load CU with RCBOs for some circuits.

Basically the cooker, hob, shower, immersion, alarm, smokes, UFH ensuite, UFH kitchen are on the split load RCDs and the other circuits got RCBO protection.

I think we got a good balance for a good price.

Now when RCBOs are only £10...............

Reply to
ARW

I agree - not a big cost load to a new or rewiring job given labour. Nice and safe and nice and selective about faults.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Dunno John if there s a case to heating element leak the RCD shows that up quite well else you wouldn't know its there till it burns out..

Reply to
tony sayer

I have one for most of the circuits and a second for the gas boiler and the electric hob/oven. The hob tripped it when one of the elements burnt out. I don't feel that was particularly useful, but there you are.

Reply to
Max Demian

But that's also useful heat. ;-)

This sort of mineral insulated element can 'leak' for a very long time before failing.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Except Buck Palace which still has some rubber insulated wiring !

Reply to
Andrew

The purpose of the RCD is to prevent electrocution - its not really there as a "replace me soon" flag ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

We took our rubber wiring out of circuit in 2014. Maybe we're one of the

1% too...

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris

Sorry to hear that:=(

Ex missus developed breast cancer just after we divorced and it went from bad to much much worse, chemo the works and then offered a clinical trail mucho experiments later - and shes now reckoned to be fine and she says so herself.!

Mind you this was in France and at one of the best treatment centres in the country!..

Reply to
tony sayer

My elder brother also has cancer and he is on some experimental pills. They are licensed for some types of cancer but not the one he has and chemo was having little effect on the cancer and a lot on him.

Chemo doesn't have many bad side effects on me, just irritating things like the nails breaking if you look at them and little cracks in the skin on the fingers and toes, going bald (but its growing back).

Cetuxemab rash is the worst, little spots everywhere and having to take Oxytetracycline a lot of the time. You can't have milk for two hours before and after taking it so I am getting used to tea with lemon.

But who cares? I'm still going.

Reply to
dennis