Cuprionol fence paint on concrete?

Eventually it washes off and in the interim looks a mess.

Reply to
bert

Mine isn't Cuprinol (it's Wilco's) after two years no sign of it washing off the concrete, though it has in places washed/peeled off the corners of the fence.

Reply to
Andy Burns

I've a steel bench outside, SW side of the house. Put on a 4mm top (the old,

1.5mm one took 20 years to rust through), painted it with Aldidl metal paint and the bright sivery finish was just too much. Went over it with 2 coats of B&Q green fence paint and, apart from scraped bits, it's still good after about 2 years.
Reply to
PeterC

Next door neighbour sprayed all his fence panels and concrete posts with fence paint around 5 years ago. It didn't look that too good after he had finished and now the posts look blotchy. Not a good look!

Reply to
alan_m

replying to Martin Brown, jaiman123 wrote: protek stains work extremely well on all outdoor furniture have a look at there website and see for yourself

I own a fence painting company and I will only use protek thanks jai

Reply to
jaiman123

replying to Sarah, Deb wrote: I always paint post and gravel boards as I hate the look!! Used cheap fence paint and currently ducks back all work really well. Just do it

Reply to
Deb

Why are you answering year old posts?

Reply to
harry

replying to Leng, Ame wrote: Keep us updated! I'd love to know how it is now

Reply to
Ame

replying to Martin Brown, Gaz wrote: Black magic

Reply to
Gaz

replying to David.WE.Roberts, Hawkeye wrote: I used Ronseal Fencelife Sprayable on the fence panels and the concrete posts and gravel boards, brushing it out after spraying. It looks pretty good, better than grey, and lasts about 18 months before it needs a recoat. With a sprayer and a brush it took me 3 hours to do all 20 panels and 2 x 4 litre tins of Ronseal.

Reply to
Hawkeye

I?ve done all mine and it looks beautiful the comments I get is amazing you can do anything with fence paint

Reply to
demakpor

I did mine many years ago and it?s looks bloody lovely the comments I get are amazing abs it?s way cheaper than masonry paint shame I can?t send you a pic

Reply to
demakpor

A few years back a neighbour had one of those fence paint spray guns. Everything was sprayed, wooden fence, concrete posts and gravel boards, the path beneath the fence, the grass and the white painted brickwork where the fence joined the house. Some of the results can still be seen :). The fence paint soon started to wash from the concrete leaving it "splotchy". In truth the paint probably washed off the wood at the same rate but the result is harder to see.

Reply to
alan_m

Yes, I'm sure you can.... (Humour him)

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff (Sofa

concrete post take it ok and look good!, It needs to be worked in a little with a brush rather than a spray.It fades a bit after 2/3 years but not back to white.Im happy with the results because it takes away the stark /harsh look .Mine are dark brown and look like the timber panels.

Reply to
Happy Al

Before replying to a 7 year old post through a broken website read this first.

It's probably been repainted a couple of times since, or fallen down.

Reply to
Fredxx