Painting concrete fence posts

The new concrete fenceposts we've had stand out a mile (the usual whiter than white colour). None of the masonary paints I've seen so far are green - which we'd like. Is there any other kind of paint that will take to concrete posts? thanks

Reply to
dave

In article , dave writes

Leyland say they can colour mix their masonry paint to any one of their

174 colours, 5l only, don't know the price but their off the shelf stuff is about a tenner for that size.

Dulux say any colour too but they're 25quid for 2.5l.

Reply to
fred

Masonry paint mixes well enough with interior emulsion if you have odds and ends of either lying about. The emulsion greens are usually bright, so 50-50 with something yellowish should give you a sludge green.

Reply to
stuart noble

I had a similar problem with a blockwork store. Googling for green masonry paint brought up a number of options, from Dulux mix your own to an agricultural building paint.

Colin BIgnell

Reply to
Nightjar

Hmm.. let nature take its course?

Reply to
Clot

I just painted them over with the same stuff we treated (painted) the fence with. That cuprinol shed & fence stuff. It's water based then dries off to a sort of vinyl coating. The posts so far have stayed the same colour as the fence 12 months down the line. No peeling, flaking or anything. Although we used a dark brown I'm sure they do various shades of garden green.

Just a thought. Pete

--

with FREE HRM kits, Next Day Delivery + 3 year warranty upgrade.

Reply to
www.GymRatZ.co.uk

I mixed my own colour for painting my posts as I wanted them to look like the wood ... simply mixed up Sandtex smooth colours to get what I wanted. I bought a few 'match pots' to get mix right .. then bought bulk.

Remember basic colour mixing .... Yellow + Blue = Green Can also darken with black.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

Mix up some of the limewash mentioned in an earlier thread, and add some flour and compost. Paint it on: It will soon go green.

Mind you Cuprinol used to be sickly green too: so you could have natural green or poison green.

Spamlet