Creda Storage Heaters

Hi, please can someone help! I have 4 Creda storage heaters in my house, I bought them over 2 years ago, reconditioned. They were working fine, i knew how to use them and had no problems. Now they aren't throwing out enough heat! They are hot to touch at the top, but the further you go down them there is no heat at all!! I don't understand? Isn't that were they heat up? I have payed for someone to come out, they said it was the Thermostat. They have changed them but there is no difference. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Becci.

Reply to
kimisicelady

Had a new (radio controlled) meter fitted by any chance? This would allow the electricity company to reduce charge/increase charge when its warmer/colder. Unlikely that all 4 thermostat are faulty at ths same time.

Jim A

Reply to
Jim Alexander

On 6 Apr 2006 03:00:25 -0700 someone who may be snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote this:-

The elements are probably spread throughout the depth of the bricks, but heat rises.

It sounds like they are not charging as much as you would like them to. Is the charge manually or automatically controlled?

Reply to
David Hansen

Thank you for the reply. They are manually controlled via input and output thermostat. My main fuse in the house has only just been replaced by the electricity company from a 60amp (which actually blew) to a 100amp could that have had any bearing on the storage heaters?

Reply to
kimisicelady

On 6 Apr 2006 13:42:22 -0700 someone who may be snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk wrote this:-

The input knob normally controls how much the heaters charge up. It does this by adjusting the place that the internal thermostat cuts off charging. The first thought would be that it sounds that there is something wrong with this part of the heaters. However, as the thermostats have been changed then, assuming the input knobs are in the right place, this is unlikely.

More likely is that there is a common fault with the charging circuit. Is the meter rate controlled by a time clock with a dial, or a modern meter? If it is the former is the clock showing the right time (GMT) and working? If the latter it will have flashing lights to show when each rate is being used. Could you stay up one morning and see if the meter changes rate and the storage heater light starts flashing?

A slim possibility. A mechanical time clock may have been stopped at day rate only during such a change, or they may not have set it to the right time before leaving.

Reply to
David Hansen

Reply to
kimisicelady