Crap sticking to toilet pan

In message , Vortex2 writes

Especially after a good Indonesian and a few bottles of Grolsch (the real stuff, not the weasel water they brew in the UK). Air freshener sales are at a permanently high level.

I think it's a facet of the Dutch being careful with money. If they should swallow a coin, it's easier to retrieve it from the shelf.

My Texan boss a few decades ago would drive home a kilometre or two rather than use the bogs at the office.

Maybe about 75% IME (over 30 years, but not continuously). Going over there for 2 weeks soon, so I'll keep track.

Reply to
Peter Twydell

same in Germany - to inspect for intestinal worms.

Reply to
Rick Hughes

This happens with a dry pan.. Flush the pan first.. The things dry out overnight or after a long idle period.. If you are worried about water use and plastic spray on container filled with water and a drop of washing up liquid.. Michael

Reply to
Michael Shergold

Or even 'Closet Varnish'?

Jenks

Reply to
Jenkem

You should see some of the Dutch and German ones - older models. These have a specific shelf so that you can inspect "product" for worms before flushing.

Which is why there is an aroma in many German city streets during the summer. Inadequate volumes of water going through the sewers to remove the tolies.

Reply to
Andy Hall

We've just had one fitted - I feel your pain - ours does the same. One minor issue I can see us having is the missus vehemently hates bog brushes - i've had to rescue ours at least 3 times since she stuck it out with the rest of the old fittings for disposal...

FWIW per the other responses, the glaze looked fine on ours - it just seems to like skidmarks more than the local racetrack.

Reply to
Colin Wilson

It's all masked by the pervading smell of pig shit from the farms....

Reply to
Andy Hall

In that case - put paper on a tray, crap there, then slide the paper plus poo into the loo making sure that the paper stays between the poo and the pan. Flush

Then get a bogbrush.

Reply to
OG

S'well known you can't polish a turd

Reply to
OG

Microsoft manages it.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Really ?

Reply to
OG

Sure. Choose anything from their extensive product portfolio.

For example, have a look at these comments about their most recent attempt at creating an "operating system"

?v=FVbf9tOGwno&NR=1... and they have a track record...

?v=PpyMdCmTxN4&feature=related

Andy Hall

Nah, it's a relic of the German (& I guess Dutch) passion for pork. At one time, worm infestation in pork was quite high and these pans were devised by the Germans I believe to enable one to inspect one's poo for evidence of worms.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

Mine too... except her difficulty with that is that she hates second-hand skidmarks even more.

David

Reply to
Lobster

My wife won't have a bog brush in the house either. Real Domestos always seems to fix any problems (not imitation stuff).

What about trying to "season" it by rubbing some soap onto the offending surface. I also find that a drop of washing up liquid in the cistern leaves the pan sparkling and slippy.

Reply to
John

... and leaves your hands lovely and soft.

:-)

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Yes, they have them in Romania too. When using one you reliase how important it is that the turd spends the minimum amount of time exposed to the air (in transit between body and water) in order to minimise odour.

RobertL

I have a teenage son ... the fact that anything actually manages to get in the bowl is a bonus.

Reply to
Rick Hughes