Discoloured toilet bowl

Is there any realistic way of "rejuvinating" the enamel of a toilet?
--
geoff

Add pictures here
βœ–

you couldtry cleanig the shit of it after you use it Smoe people live like fucken pigs
Add pictures here
βœ–
In message

You could always come back when you've developed a basic understanding of the english language
If you don't understand the meaning of "rejuvinating the enamel", leave such grammatically advanced concepts to those that do
now fuck off
--
geoff

Add pictures here
βœ–

That's "rejuvenate".

Your welcome.
MBQ
Add pictures here
βœ–
En el artνculo < snipped-for-privacy@h36g2000pro.googleg

That's "You're".
You're welcome.
--
(\__/)
(='.'=)

Isn't Skitt's Law wonderful
--
geoff

Add pictures here
βœ–
In message

You know what?
You're correct - Skitt's law, eh?
--
geoff

Add pictures here
βœ–

Angle grinder, of course...
--
Frank Erskine

Add pictures here
βœ–

I threw the pan from the house my son bought last autumn because we were unable to remove heavy staining and limescale from the bottom of the trap. It laid among a load of other detritus pending a trip to the tip with the trailer right through the winter. When I did get around to dumping it, it was clean! It seems the winter frosts had dislodged whole sheets of limescale and other muck.
Mike
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 16/05/2011 08:31, MuddyMike wrote:

Block it up with a bunch of plastic bags, fill to the rim, and drop a couple of packs of kettle descaler in. Only problem is, you need to leave it overnight. IME the time it takes to work is not related to the strength of the acid, so no point in messing with sulphuric or hydrochloric. IIRC limescale is soluble at PH4 or less so a mild acid is all that's required. It's not clear to me why caustic soda would have any effect.
Add pictures here
βœ–
stuart noble wrote:

I guess caustic soda would dissolve the glass below and the limescale would then just lift-off.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On 16/05/2011 09:58, stuart noble wrote:

There's the answer then. Place in the freezer for 3 months, next to the fish fingers.... sorted.
Add pictures here
βœ–

I'll try both - I've got some phosphoric acid lying about, that'll do (as long as it doesn't start removing the glaze)
got some NaOH which is thick as treacle so I'll try that later
(or should I just lob it in on top and run ?)
--
geoff

Add pictures here
βœ–

You could try washing it with chas' head. I doubt it would work but it's a plan with no drawbacks.
--
Adam

Add pictures here
βœ–

I think that the tenants would complain that the bowl was blocked with shit
--
geoff

Add pictures here
βœ–
geoff wrote:

Alternate, heavy, prolonged doses of bleach and limescale remover, with several flushes and a good brushing in-between.
Add pictures here
βœ–

The glaze is glass, which doesnt discolour. Either there's something on the surface, or its so badly scratched its looking lighter due to light scattering. Surface muck is effectively removed with 97% sulphuric acid - but do treat it with real respect.
NT
Add pictures here
βœ–
In message

No, it's the ceramic under the glaze, which is why I was wondering, on the off chance, that there was some technique I was unaware of
--
geoff

Add pictures here
βœ–
geoff wrote:

caustic soda
Add pictures here
βœ–

I've got 20 kilos of that sitting around absorbing moisture - I'll give it a shot
--
geoff

Add pictures here
βœ–