Crap sticking to toilet pan

When ever I have a dump in anyone elses toilet there's never any need to use the toilet brush afterwards.

In my own newly installed pan, however, I always get a mud-like adhesion to the surface which takes a bit of scrubbing off and re-flushing. Is there anything I could use to "season" the pan surface (Like you do with a new Wok) so the s**te doesn't stick so readily?

Any constructive replies appreciated

Thanks

The Major

Reply to
Big Ron

Eat less curry.

Reply to
Mark

Eat more roughage.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Aim more centrally.

Reply to
1501

Probably the shape of the toilet pan. With these low-water flush things, there is less and less target area, and in fact toilets are becoming pretty useless. But your new pan may have some residue from a sticker or something on it from the manufacturers. Just clean it and make sure it is smooth and polished (the bowl that is). Or try sitting further back so you have a clear path to water (so to speak). Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Change your diet.

The glaze surface on the inner pan is probably very thin ie the roughness of the cast is ust protruding the glaze enough for s**te to grip the surface and stay there.

basically you chose cheapness over quality.

Reply to
George

Thanks Simon - previous respondees have not bothered to read my post, or don't understand English, or assumed it's spam. the point is that I only have the problem at home, regardles of curry or roughage, even "bullseyes" leave residue below the water level. Very inconvenient. My Mum taught me to lay a sheet of paper over the water surface to stop splashes hitting you, but not how to combat 'pan skids'. The Major

Reply to
The Major

It's very simple. The glaze is faulty or of poor quality. If it was perfectly smooth this wouldn't happen.

Reply to
Dave Baker

Clean the pan,feel the outer surface of the pan and then feel the inner area of the pan if its not as smooth as the outer glaze then its a surfire bet its a poorly glazed bog and nothing will stop the s**te adhereing to the surface ie a new bog of quality will only suffice.

Bugger all to do with what Simon said,Ive never known Manufactureres to put stickers inside the pan? outside yes.

Reply to
George

In message , Big Ron writes

I can confirm this is a real problem and not notably related to diet:-)

Our house has the benefit of 4 toilets (don't ask) all Twyfords, all installed by the same builder and during the same re-development. 3 are fine. The 4th. has exactly the problem described by the Major.

It is clearly a cheaper version and may simply suffer from inferior glazing.

I think replacement is the most likely solution.

regards

Reply to
Tim Lamb

"sm_jamieson" wrote

Seconded When looking for a new pan, I specifically looked for a model with a near vertical inner back face. Many modern offerings have a fair slope on the rear face which it would be difficult to avoid when lowering "product". All this being exacerbated by the low flush volumes currently fashionable of course.

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Flush before use so that the pan has a wet - more slippery surface.

Reply to
John

All our fashionable 'victorian' bogs suffer from shit stickage on the FRONT.

Like teapots that wont pour without dribbling, the reason lies in the hydrodynamics. The water comes rushing down the pan and jumps over a certain area that is EXACTLY where a soft crap gets lodged.

My one modern cheap pan with no pretensions to 'style', doesn't do this.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You're not reading my post John - it also sticks below the water surface, and I want to be a little bit green and save water, not waste it....

Major

Reply to
The Major

I'd second that. I bought a fairly compact pan that doesn't extend out too far from the wall for one of our bathrooms. Ever since day 1 it's needed post-use scrubbing because of the shape of the back of the pan. It's not the sort of thing that's easy to test in the show room. Well, not twice anyway. ;-)

Tim

Reply to
Tim Downie

are you sure it not just the design of pan? Many low water usage system seem to place the water trap nearer the front of the pan, meaning that the drop zone is now onto the pan and not the water.

A strategically sheet or two paper may help cop the initial impact.

Reply to
John Rumm

Is there a waterproof but slippy coating you could put on it? Car spray?

Reply to
mogga

Our clog wearing neighbours in Holland seem to favour bogs with an inspection ledge....the "dump" is in open air until flushed....obviously that can be somewhat aromatic.

What is a surprise is that however offensive/thixotropic/glutinous the dump they always seem to flush away properly and leave a clean bog.

Vortex2

toss a sheet of bogroll in first.

and buy a bogbrush.

Reply to