Cowboy plumbing ... (as well)

Hi All,

Just remembered ..

I was looking for a stopcock to turn off the feed to the cistern I was looking at for Mum today.

There was one sticking out of some boxed in pipes that ran right past the toilet.

I went to turn it off and felt like it was off already? I eased it on and could hear water flowing so turned it off again. I asked Mum if she knew where it went but she didn't?

She then went down the garage to get something and when she returned she said "I know where that tap goes to now ... into the lean-to"!

I went downstairs and there, in the lean-to wall and roughly level with the back of the upstairs toilet was the end of some 15mm sticking out (and loads of wet stuff)? Apparently, a plumber friend of theirs had done some work on the downstairs toilet feed and had left it like that?

Capping off the pipe or marking the stopcock must have been too complicated then?

That went nicely with the leaking 'new roof' (needed because their next-door-neigbour put their (ready for this) LIT b-b-q away in their wooden shed that burnt down and nearly burnt down Mum and Dad's garage) in the workshop. Sagging 8' cement fibre sheets supported down the middle with a 4m length of 2 x 2 x 1/4" angle that I demonstrated could be pulled down a further 2" just with one arm and my 12 (ok 16) stone? I think the original asbesdos sheets might have been 'stiffer' ?

Ho hum .. where have all the skilled workers gone ....? (pesent company accepted of course!)

All the best

T i m

Reply to
T i m

So that's where that plumber who did the flat I was working on got to...... ;)

PoP

-----

My published email address probably won't work. If you need to contact me please submit your comments via the web form at

apologise for the additional effort, however the level of unsolicited email I receive makes it impossible to advertise my real email address!

Reply to
PoP

[T] Could well be!

And the water had to go all over the stuff my Mum was going to sell at a local school boot sale (for charity) today ....

All the best ..

T i m

Reply to
T i m