Council recycling grinds to a halt

Which proves just that. They can still go to the same place, and empty in the same pile. And probably do.

Reply to
Bob Eager

our local yobs have contributed to preventing this recycling stockpiling by stealing and burning the wheelybins. The council don't have any of them to replace apart from the landfill bin.

Horrid little monsters also removed about 4 of next doors fence panels too and our garage guttering.

Reply to
mogga

Ideal to replace rubbish sacks. Waste not want not.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember David Hansen saying something like:

"Proof by assertion", priceless, considering that's exactly what you're doing yourself - for your own area. In my area, I described exactly what I saw, so don't tell me I'm making it up.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I've had one recently that says they will donate up to x thousands of pounds a year to charity x. They clearly quote the name of charity x together with the registered number of the charity but "up to x thousand" will almost certainly mean 1p. The very small print shows the company name and address as a commercial operation not remotely related to the charity in any shape or form.

Reply to
Mike

Going by what they do at one of the largest bottle producting plants in the UK everything clear, green or brown goes into one pile used for producing brown glass.

Reply to
Mike

On 16 Nov 2008 23:45:13 GMT someone who may be "Bob Eager" wrote this:-

Of course.

Ah, proof by assertion again. Glad to see that there are no better arguments.

Reply to
David Hansen

One near me sorts as you put the bottles in. It's a huge beast, about half the size of an artic trailer, but has only two openings - and you can only put one bottle in each opening at a time, so it's slower than the standard banks. A few weeks ago I had to wait about 10 minutes because a guy had a laptop plugged into it, he'd done some diagnostics and was then rebooting it!

Reply to
PM

I suppose it runs Windows? :-)

Reply to
Rod

Why only cut them in half then? Shoulda smashed the bottles before putting them in, too!

Reply to
PM