Cost of felting and re-laying slates?

What would one expect to pay for felting and re-laying slates on an old 1-storey cottage, approximately 100 square metres in size? (It's not felted at the moment.)

Reply to
Timothy Murphy

Same situation as me except 2-storey. I have been quoted £5K and £6K about a year ago. People I have discussed this with seem to think these are good prices.

Reply to
Roger Cain

IIRC same price as a new roof using the ubiquitous Redland 49ers

Reply to
stuart noble

But you might require scaffolding?

Reply to
Timothy Murphy
8 to 10k

Reply to
Rick Hughes

I had a quote of 8k on a similar sized bunglow - that included celotex, tyvek but reusing old concrete tiles.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Wonder what a roofer's hourly rate works out at? Took them 5 days to do across the road, not including scaffolding.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)