Correct adhesive for plaster coving

Hi guys,
I'm planning to use pre-mixed Unibond ceramic wall tile adhesive for this purpose. It's only a very small room (downstairs loo) so the lengths of plaster coving will be very short. I therefore reckon I should easily get away without forking out for dedicated plaster coving glue, but thought I'd best check with you knowledgeable peeps first. I should be okay, should I not?
cheers, CD
On 23/10/2013 20:22, Cursitor Doom wrote:

I would have thought so. A couple of pins to stop it slipping initially maybe
On 23/10/13 20:26, stuart noble wrote:

i used white glue -takes time to dry, but works a treat
--
Ineptocracy

On 23/10/2013 20:22, Cursitor Doom wrote:

More than likely. Stick some pins in under the edge to support it while it sets. (the tubes of ready mixed coving adhesive that go in a sealant gun are also very cheep and easy to apply).
--
Cheers,

John.
On 23/10/2013 20:22, Cursitor Doom wrote:

I'd use a grab adhesive.
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Adhesives+Sealants/Grab+Adhesive/Toolstation+Solvent+Free+Glue+Screws+300ml/d180/sd3199/p43542

On Wednesday 23 October 2013 20:46 The Medway Handyman wrote in uk.d-i-y:

http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Adhesives+Sealants/Grab+Adhesive/Toolstation+Solvent+Free+Glue+Screws+300ml/d180/sd3199/p43542

I'd use Gyproc Lite. Same profile, a fraction of the weight - meaning a good adhesive with "grab" (that includes better tile adhesives and coving adhesive) will hold it up with minimal support whilst setting.
It is polystyrene - but not as you know it (ie do not confuse it with the cheap polystene coving lying around in B&Q - although bigger B&Qs do sell Gyproc Lite. Once painted, looks *exactly* like plaster coving.

On 23/10/2013 21:13, Tim Watts wrote:

I've used that & Tim is right, looks great.

Tim Watts wrote:

Or supercove, polyurethane core and paper covered like the plaster type
On 23/10/2013 20:22, Cursitor Doom wrote:

I'm sure it will work but I'd rather use something from a tube, either the real thing or solvent free no more nails-y stuff (quite likely the same thing). It's easy to get into quite a mess on a job like this and squirting it on the coving from a tube is a lot easier than spreading it on with a trowel or something.