Corner opening shower cabinet - door gear

Mum lost her balance in the shower and has succeeded in breaking the sliding door gear at the top of one of the (corner opening) sliding doors.

I can find no brand name anywhere on the cubicle or doors and suspect it was the original builders supply when first installed c16 years ago.

The wheel itself is grooved as though it should run *on* a track but it actually appears to be running in a c-shaped track.

Wheel diameter is c16mm diam.

Can anyone suggest any uk vendors of 'spares' who may be able to assist?

TIA

David

Reply to
David P

If its a wheel you need, making one should be much quicker than a new cubicle. Or turn a ready mounted one down to the right size.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Or turn a ready mounted one down to the right size.

Since its a DIY forum. I have turned small pieces like that in an electric drill (dont have a lathe) just set it up and hold the drill in a workbench, does a reasonable job :-)

Reply to
ss

Unfortunately its more than the wheel as the gear itself is broken - but the wheel diameter seemed to be the most relevant part of my question. Checked out a couple of other websites now but still no luck.

HNY everyone

David

Reply to
David P

gis a pic, maybe someone will know

NT

Reply to
meow2222

A discussion with Mum this morning has resulted in her decing to have the existing shower tray replaced with one of the more modern low profile ones so there is less of a step for her to get over when entering/ exiting. This will mean a substantial area of tiling/waterproof sheeting to be installed as well as having a more modern shower enclosure.

I'm now just wainng for her to talk about a wet room....

Anyway, it seems that the loss of the door gear has provoked a revamp but thanks for the thoughts.

David

Reply to
David P

Or turn a ready mounted one down to the right size.

I had similar issue last year .. my Parents greenhouse door had broken roller, seems manufacturer went buts in 70's After suggestion here I went to uk model engineering .... quick post and hand a new one machined up and with me the same week ... at no charge .... helpful bunch on that newsgroup

Reply to
Rick Hughes