cork tiles onto ceramic tiles?

I really want to put cork tiles down in my (tiny) kitchen. Good colour, nice feel, won't break the glasses etc...

Does anybody (as they say) know of any good reason I can't stick them down onto the existing horrible foot-square pink ceramics?

tia...pete

Reply to
Pete

And the 1970s is back in fashion now :-)

I remember a cork-on-concrete kitchen floor, it was great for all the reasons you say; I remember plates bouncing.

Ooh, that sort of 1970s deserved to be corked over.

Only problem I forsee is if the ceramics have a fairly noticeable furrow along the groutlines, especially if that coincides with a cork tile edge. It might be a good idea to whizz over the floor with a bit of filler first.

Used to be able to get cork sheet, which might be better in a smaller kitchen.

Owain

Reply to
Owain