Copper tank for electric immersion and Rayburn and Navitron Solars

My hot water tank leaks: rather than replace it with a similar maybe I should upgrade so that it works with some Navitron Solar panels but how?

I have an electric immersion in the top, hot water out at the top, cold water in at the bottom, and 2 pipes to and from the rayburn.

A few years ago I bought some Navitron solar tubes which I havent fitted yet. something like these:

I haven't managed to get onto the Navitron forums so thought i'd ask here.

Would i need a cylinder with 6 pipes, or how is it done?

George

Reply to
George Miles

Just retrofit a sidewinder heat exchanger near the bottom of the tank. Simples. Or leave it until solar day to do that.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

You need a tank with two heat exchangers. Your existing tank has just the one. Which means a new "solar"tank or retro-fitting another heat exchanger.

harry

I've bought a new cylinder, and started a new thread for advice on what to do with the second coil can i leave it disconnected for a few months?

My hot water tank leaks:

Reply to
George Miles

you can leave it disconnected forever.