Cooker splashback - lack thereof

The new cooker is worktop height, whereas the old one had a splashback attached to the cooker. The cooker connection point is situated just above the level of the burners (behind where the old splashback was), with about an inch of cable on display and just waiting to get damaged.

The obvious solution is to move the connection point, or better still get a cooker with a splashback.

Any other ideas, involving less work, please?

Reply to
GB

Box in the connection point with a sheet of stainless? Plenty of stainless sheet sellers on Ebay who will possibly cut to your size, or stainless splashbacks from the sheds

Reply to
alan_m

I know of one house where the solution would almost certainly be to glob some filler over it

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Thanks, but I think I prefer Alan's solution. :)

Reply to
GB

I seem to recall when moving the cooker isolation switch and installing a connection point at the last house that they had to be at least 300mm from the centre line of the any burner.

Richard

Reply to
Tricky Dicky

If you can find a friendly local fabricator, they might have a suitable off-cut. Last time I looked, shed splashbacks (thin, on MDF) were better value than eBay sheet (but this may have changed).

Reply to
newshound

If the problem could be heat a bodge may be to fit a plumbers soldering/brazing heat mat over the connection point and wire, and then fit a metal splash back of suitable size, and thickness, as heat sink to dissipate any source of point heat from a hot plate burner.

or

alan_m

Put the cooker on a plinth? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Fit a splash back?

Reply to
ARW

Build a time machine, return in time to the exact time that the connection point was fitted and ask him to fit it a bit lower.

Reply to
ARW

I'm beginning to have sympathy with your customer's dog. :)

Reply to
GB

:)

How about taking a bit of a cheap shower hose & sleeving the cable with its ss outer spiral. I've not tried it though - I suspect the cut end would be messy.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Never heard of metal Kopex?